Apprentice Service Engineer
Job Title: Apprentice Service Engineer
Reporting to: Service Manager
Location: Head Office (Wakefield)
Hours: 40 per week
At Horizon Platforms, we are proud to be a leading provider of hire solutions, Powered Access equipment sales, and training. Our customers work indoors at height, and require a fast, flexible and safe service solution. Established in 2008, we have a passion for providing outstanding customer service and plan to significantly grow our business. We genuinely value our employees in the same way that we value our customers. We want you to feel challenged, fulfilled, encouraged, trained and mentored so that you can reach your full potential as quickly as possible.
This job description is structured around our employee values; Teamwork, Positivity and Ownership.
As Apprentice Service Engineer you will work safely alongside the Service Engineering team to develop the skills and experience to support you in your NVQ studies, ultimately enabling you to progress into the role of Service Engineer.
- Work closely with all members of the team to ensure an efficient and professional service
- Communicate effectively with colleagues to keep them updated on job progress
- Work flexibly, helping with reasonable ad hoc duties as required in order to support the efficient and effective running of the Service department
- Carry out day to day maintenance and repairs to Horizon Access Platforms as instructed by the relevant team members or supervisors
- Demonstrate the Company Values in everything you do
- Respect all colleagues and customers, being polite and courteous at all times
- Maintain the cosmetic appearance of the fleet
- Observe the Engineers at work in order to learn the technical aspects of the role
- Work to detailed instruction in order to carry out repairs under close supervision
- Consistently update own technical knowledge
- Ensure that company tools, equipment and consumables are kept safe, clean, serviceable, accounted for and returned to their designated location
- Ensure that all communal areas within the facility are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Enthusiasm for engineering as a subject
- A genuine passion for hard work
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Good communication skills
- Ideally a grade C or above in “key skills” GCSE subjects
- Willing to travel to and from college
Most vacancies include a first stage competency based interview: online assessment and a final interview.