Casual HGV Driver/Demonstrator - Wakefield or Warrington
Job Title: Casual HGV Driver/Demonstrator
Reporting to: Driver Team Leader
Location: Wakefield or Warrington
Hours: Zero Hours
At Horizon Platforms Ltd we are proud to be a leading provider of Powered Access equipment hire, sales and training in the North of England. Established in 2008, we’ve continued to grow year on year despite challenging economic times. We genuinely value our employees in the same way that we value our customers. We want you to feel challenged, fulfilled, encouraged, trained and mentored so that you can reach your full potential as quickly as possible.
This job description is structured around our employee values; Teamwork, Positivity, Ownership and Outstanding Service.
In this key role within the Company, as Casual Driver/Demonstrator on an ad-hoc basis, you will provide the main point of face to face contact with our customers when delivering and collecting Powered Access Platforms throughout the North of England. Providing outstanding service at all times, you will also demonstrate the safe and effective use of our equipment where our customers require it.
- Work closely with the Transport Co-ordinator, Hire Desk and Service teams to ensure an efficient and professional delivery service
- Provide holiday cover for colleagues as needed·
- Work flexibly to support colleagues as requested by the Transport Co-ordinator
- Demonstrate the company values in everything you do
- Respect all colleagues and customers, being polite and courteous at all times
- Deliver and collect Powered Access Platforms throughout the North of England
- Take responsibility for your own delivery schedule
- Ensure you work to Company health and safety guidelines at all time
- Ensure the safety and cleanliness of own vehicle, always notifying an appropriate manager where any issue is identified
- Consider both the environmental and financial impact of fuel consumption by always driving as efficiently as possible
- Complete all work required in accordance with the applicable regulations and directives - UK Driving Hours and Working Time Directive
- Provide the main point of face to face contact with our customers
- Deliver a quality service, always striving to exceed expectations
- Maintain good communication with the Hire Desk, advising of any delays to ensure the customer is kept updated
- Demonstrate the use of equipment to customers on delivery, ensuring all questions are answered clearly and knowledgably
- Clean Class 2 Driving Licence is essential
- Previous experience of loading, unloading and securing heavy plant would be an advantag
- A flexible approach, with a willingness and ability to react positively to changing business demands
- An excellent communicator with people at any level within an organisation
- Passionate and willing to provide exceptional levels of customer service
- Willing and able to overcome challenging situations
- Self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously and take responsibility
If the above sounds exciting and you know that you can meet our expectations, simply show us why we should consider you for this role by sending your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Fill out the below form for all our latest job vacancies
Most vacancies include a first stage competency based interview: online assessment and a final interview.