Credit Controller - Wakefield
Job Title: Credit Controller
Reporting to: Credit Control Manager
Location: Head Office (Wakefield)
At Horizon Platforms Ltd we are proud to be a leading provider of Rental Solutions, Powered Access equipment sales and training. Our customers work indoors at height, and require a fast, flexible and safe service solution. Established in 2008, we have a passion for providing outstanding customer service and plans to significantly grow our business. We genuinely value our employees in the same way that we value our customers. We want you to feel challenged, fulfilled, encouraged, trained and mentored so that you can reach your full potential as quickly as possible.
This job description is structured around our employee values; Teamwork, Positivity and Ownership.
The Finance team has achieved record levels of collections over the past 12 months, so you will hit the ground running to continue this through the building and maintenance of strong relationships, both with our customers, and internally across the business.
You will have full responsibility and ownership of your customer accounts while working in compliance with the credit policy, ensuring that aged debt is kept to a minimum. You will be responsible for all aspects of credit control, including account set up, credit checking, debt collection, query resolution and cash allocation.
As the Company continues on its growth trajectory, you will be an essential part of the Finance team, helping to implement new processes and share best practice.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with all business areas including the Business Development team
- Ensure consistent information, processes and support
- Collaborate to influence appropriate decision-making
- Work flexibly, showing a willingness to support with ad hoc duties where needed
- Participate actively in the Finance team by sharing best practice
- Approach change with a positive attitude, supporting business growth
- Approach challenges with a “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrate the Company Values in everything you do
- Respect all colleagues and customers, being polite and courteous at all times
- Demonstrate a high level of motivation in chasing overdue debt
- Demonstrate strong commercial awareness and confident decision making
- Take complete end-to-end control over your customer accounts
- Ensure that credit limits are monitored, and that appropriate action is taken
- Take payments from customers and perform banking duties when necessary
- Take responsibility for invoice queries, resolving or escalating them in a timely manner
- Produce weekly cash collection target reports
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with your customers
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Process new credit applications from customers and set credit limits
- Efficiently utilise all internal systems and computer programmes
- A depth of credit control experience from within a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Self-starter with a high level of motivation
- Excellent influencing and negotiation abilities
- Problem solving aptitude
- A willingness and ability to respond positively to business change
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- A proactive, enthusiastic, and willing member of the team
Most vacancies include a first stage competency based interview: online assessment and a final interview.