Job Title: Cross-Hire Co-ordinator
Reporting to: Cross-Hire Manager
Hours: 45 per week
At Horizon Platforms Ltd we are proud to be a leading provider of Powered Access equipment hire, sales and training in the North of England. Established in 2008, we’ve continued to grow year on year despite challenging economic times. We genuinely value our employees in the same way that we value our customers. We want you to feel challenged, fulfilled, encouraged, trained and mentored so that you can reach your full potential as quickly as possible.
This job description is structured around our employee values; Teamwork, Positivity, Ownership and Outstanding Service.
- Work closely with the all members of the team to ensure an efficient and professional service
- Support and assist colleagues through sharing of knowledge to ensure consistency of information delivered to customers
- Demonstrate the Company Values in everything you do
- Respect all colleagues and customers, being polite and courteous at all times
- Become involved in department and wider company projects
- Report any opportunities and threats to your manager at the earliest opportunity, escalating concerns and suggestions for improvement
- Co-ordinate and administer off-hires
- Create and send supplier purchase orders
- Provide feedback to the Cross-Hire Manager on high demand product items to assist in capital expenditure planning and budgeting
- Demonstrate commercial awareness when negotiating pricing
- Source and negotiate best value for the provision of the company’s cross-hire requirements, aiming to achieve an average 25% gross profit margin the for the financial year
- Monitor the performance of all cross-hire suppliers, raising any concerns with the Cross-Hire Manager
- Ensure that you seek to surpass customer expectations in everything you do
- Respond to all phone calls and e-mails effectively and professionally thus ensuring a high standard of service at all times
- Proactively seek new ways of ensuring the highest levels of customer service
- Build rapport and good relationships with all new and existing suppliers, ensuring specific client policies are adhered to.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously and take responsibility
- Excellent time management, administration and organisational skills
- Passionate and willing to provide exceptional levels of customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with impeccable telephone manner
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Fully computer literate
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Competent problem solving skills with an ability to look for alternative solutions
- A flexible approach, with a positive and confident outlook and a willingness and ability to react positively to changing business demands
- Sound geographical knowledge of the UK
Most vacancies include a first stage competency based interview: online assessment and a final interview.