Head of Digital Product
Job Title: HEAD OF DIGITAL PRODUCT
Reporting to: MARKETING & DIGITAL DIRECTOR
Location: REMOTE & NORMANTON
Hours: 40 HOURS PER WEEK
At Horizon Platforms Ltd we are proud to be a leading provider of Powered Access equipment hire, sales and training in the North of England. Established in 2008, we’ve continued to grow year on year despite challenging economic times. We genuinely value our employees in the same way that we value our customers. We want you to feel challenged, fulfilled, encouraged, trained and mentored so that you can reach your full potential as quickly as possible.
This job description is structured around our employee values; Teamwork, Positivity, Ownership and Outstanding Service.
The Head of Digital Product Management (HDP) will spearhead our digital product team as we continue our digital transformation journey. Our key goal is to grow the business at scale without the need to increase human capital to directly service that growth. The HDP will identify opportunities to develop products to add customer value and increase efficiency across the organisation.
The role will oversee the entire lifecycle of our digital products, from inception to launch and then future iterations. The role requires a range of skills from market and customer research, designing the product architecture, UI development and supply chain planning. The HDP is responsible for the overall vision of the product and managing the roll out of this vision into a successful and continually improving product. He/she acts as a mediator between the consumers and the technical teams, communicating consumer needs and translating into new product features for design and build.
The HDP must always have a customer-first mindset combined with a technical understanding of back-end and front-end technologies. They will also track, analyse, and improve our digital products using research and data to drive maximum customer value. They must have excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills to work with stakeholders at all levels in our organisation. This is a customer-centric role, working to translate the needs of the customer into business opportunities aligned to our strategy and vision.
- Interpret the company vision and objectives and translate into product strategies and long-term vision to build best-in-class digital products
- Conduct user research and usability studies, collaborating with designers, developers and research teams from end to end of the process
- Participate in voice of the customer/user research and validation to identify opportunities for new and existing features and functionalities which carry a high value to the customer
- Build and manage product roadmaps that will be regularly communicated to relevant stakeholders
- Create high levels of user engagement and product advocacy amongst all user groups
- Take the role of product owner within agile delivery teams
- Work across all areas of the business to ensure a joined-up approach to digital transformation
- Monitor, analyse, and act on key product analytics. Continually improve the product, increase retention rate, and boost customer engagement
- Live and breathe our Company values of Teamwork, Positivity and Ownership in all that you do.
- Set product goals with Leadership Team / Marketing & Digital Director
- Layout areas for investment and highlight business / customer value
- Own and manage product roadmaps
Defining Release and Deployment
- Define what we build, why we are building it and when we will launch it
- Manage release process and cross functional dependencies
- Ensure team and business are fully communicated to, trained and ready to adopt new releases
- Curate ideas that will deliver value to the customer or user
- Own the idea management process and decide what gets promoted to the backlog using criteria that is agreed by the business
- Gather feedback regularly
- Prioritise features against the strategic goals and initiatives
- Define requirements and desired user experience
- Ensure all teams have the information they need to deliver a complete product to market
Building and Sharing Strategic Roadmaps
- Create the product roadmap
- Keep it up to date against business priorities
Analysing and Reporting On Progress
- Team Efficiency
- Product Usage
- Business Value
- 3-5 years experience in digital product management or similar technical role
- Strong analytical, prioritisation, and negotiation skills
- Previous usability and customer-focused design experience advantageous
- Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
Most vacancies include a first stage competency based interview: online assessment and a final interview.