HGV Drivers/Demonstrators - Wakefield
Job Title: HGV Drivers/Demonstrators
Reporting to: Driver Team Leader
Hours: 45 per week
At Horizon Platforms, we are proud to be a leading provider of hire solutions, Powered Access equipment sales, and training. Our customers work indoors at height, and require a fast, flexible and safe service solution. Established in 2008, we have a passion for providing outstanding customer service and plan to significantly grow our business. We genuinely value our employees in the same way that we value our customers. We want you to feel challenged, fulfilled, encouraged, trained and mentored so that you can reach your full potential as quickly as possible.
This job description is structured around our employee values; Teamwork, Positivity and Ownership.
In this key role within the Company, as Driver/Demonstrator you will provide the main point of face-to-face contact with our customers when delivering and collecting Powered Access Platforms throughout the North of England. Providing outstanding service at all times, you will also demonstrate the safe and effective use of our equipment where our customers require it.
Work closely with the Solutions, Customer Experience and Service teams to ensure an efficient and professional delivery service
- Provide holiday cover for colleagues as needed
- Work flexibly to support colleagues as requested by the Driver Team Leader
- Demonstrate the company values in everything you do
- Respect all colleagues and customers, being polite and courteous at all times
- Deliver and collect Powered Access Platforms throughout the North of England
- Take responsibility for your own delivery schedule
- Ensure you work to Company health and safety guidelines at all time
- Ensure the safety and cleanliness of own vehicle, always notifying an appropriate manager where any issue is identified
- Consider both the environmental and financial impact of fuel consumption by always driving as efficiently as possible
- Complete all work required in accordance with the applicable regulations and directives - UK Driving Hours and Working Time Directive
- Provide the main point of face to face contact with our customers
- Deliver a quality service, always striving to exceed expectations
- Maintain good communication with the Solutions team, advising of any delays to ensure the customer is kept updated
- Demonstrate the use of equipment to customers on delivery, ensuring all questions are answered clearly and knowledgably
- Clean Class 2 Driving Licence is essential
- Previous experience of loading, unloading and securing heavy plant would be an advantage
- Self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously and take responsibility
- Passionate and willing to provide exceptional levels of customer service
- Willing and able to overcome challenging situations
- An excellent communicator with people at any level within an organisation
- A flexible approach, with a willingness and ability to react positively to changing business demands
Most vacancies include a first stage competency based interview: online assessment and a final interview.