Management Accountant - Wakefield
Job Title: Management Accountant
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Location: Head Office (Wakefield)
At Horizon Platforms Ltd we are proud to be a leading provider of Powered Access equipment hire, sales and training in the North of England. Established in 2008, we’ve continued to grow year on year despite challenging economic times. We genuinely value our employees in the same way that we value our customers. We want you to feel challenged, fulfilled, encouraged, trained and mentored so that you can reach your full potential as quickly as possible.
This job description is structured around our employee values; Teamwork, Positivity, Ownership and Outstanding Service.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the delivery of the core finance function from administration to delivery of projects and key period end processes. You will also have a firm understanding of accounting principles and be able to supervise a team when appropriate.
- Work closely with all members of the Finance team to ensure an efficient and professional service.
- Involvement when required in Credit Control and the Accounts Payable functions.
- Demonstrate the Company Values in everything you do.
- Respect all colleagues and customers, being polite and courteous at all times.
- Management of daily finance function – delivery of daily cash flow forecasting, maintaining the contract register, HP register and fixed asset register.
- Assisting with external audits during the statutory audit process.
- VAT reconciliations and any other adhoc finance requirements.
- Management of Period End accounting – responsible for delivering all month end and year end accounting requirements, including reconciliation of month end balances, liaising with relevant managers, analysis and reporting of variances.
- Involvement in Key Projects – 2018 strategic objectives are closely linked to projects within the business including in finance. Expected to play a key role in delivering these projects.
- Process Improvement – Improving / Simplifying processes in line with efficiency and regulatory requirements.
- Qualified/newly qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
- Significant ledger accounting experience
- Evidence of producing month end / year end accounting results
- Ability to understand and deliver for customers and colleagues
- Confident in making decisions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced Excel
- Good analytical and proactive skills, working logically and systematically
- Self-motivation, discipline and willingness to learn
- Strong and positive work ethic and attitude
- Clear verbal and written communication skills throughout all levels of the business
- An understanding and evidence of working to tight financial timescales
- Experience of Microsoft Navision (desirable)
If the above sounds exciting and you know that you can meet our expectations, simply show us why we should consider you for this role by sending your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out the below form for all our latest job vacancies
Most vacancies include a first stage competency based interview: online assessment and a final interview.