Workshop Technician Wakefield
Job Title: Workshop Technician
Reporting to: Service Manager
Hours: 45 per week
At Horizon Platforms Ltd we are proud to be a leading provider of Rental Solutions, Powered Access equipment sales and training. Our customers work indoors at height, and require a fast, flexible and safe service solution. Established in 2008, we have a passion for providing outstanding customer service and plans to significantly grow our business. We genuinely value our employees in the same way that we value our customers. We want you to feel challenged, fulfilled, encouraged, trained and mentored so that you can reach your full potential as quickly as possible.
This job description is structured around our employee values; Teamwork, Positivity and Ownership.
In this valued role within the Company, you are responsible for ensuring that the customer receives a high quality, clean, safe and reliable product every time they hire from Horizon Platforms. You will carry out pre-delivery equipment inspections and assist with customer deliveries as required. In addition, you will ensure that all administrative detail associated with recording the PDI is confirmed as accurate prior to the delivery of the machine to the customer.
- Work closely with the Service Manager and other members of the Service team to ensure delivery of a high-quality service
- Support the service delivery process by carrying out operational tasks, including the washing and preparation of machines
- Work flexibly to support colleagues as requested by the Service Manager
- Keep the office team updated on job progress and provide technical support when needed
- Demonstrate the Company Values in everything you do
- Respect all colleagues and customers, being polite and courteous at all times
- Take a genuine pride in delivering a quality piece of equipment every time
- Carry out thorough pre-delivery inspections to access platforms in line with documented procedure
- Carry out deliveries of platforms to our customers in vehicles of up to 7.5 tonnes
- Take responsibility for your own workload at all times
- Ensure you work to Company health and safety guidelines at all times
- Report any faults or damage, highlighting any repair requirements to the Service Manager or a Service Engineer
- Deliver a quality service, always striving to meet expectations
- Impeccable attention to detail with a proven record of producing accurate work
- Good mechanical knowledge of the products that Horizon Platforms hires out
- A licence to drive vehicles of up to 7.5 tonnes
- Driver CPC preferable (if not, this can be arranged)
- Competent problem-solving skills & ability to look for alternative solutions
- An excellent communicator with people at any level within an organisation
- A genuine passion for hard work
- Exceptional level of customer service
- Excellent time management, administration and organisational skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- A methodical work ethic
Most vacancies include a first stage competency based interview: online assessment and a final interview.