IPAF Safety Harness - Use & Inspection
To provide all of the guidance that candidates will need regarding the correct use and inspection of safety harnesses.
To ensure that candidates:
- Understand statutory regulations
- Can identify fall arrest equipment
- Understand the need for fall arrest equipment
- Know when to be clipped on
- Are proficient in the inspection of fall arrest equipment
- Understand the impact of harnesses upon working methods.
- Health & Safety legislation
- Identifying fall arrest equipment
- Fitting harnesses correctly
- Choosing fall arrest equipment
- Fall arrest blocks and shock-absorbing lanyards
- Connectors and anchor points
- How to maintain and care for equipment
- Harnesses – how to inspect and what to record
- Instruction manuals and paperwork
- Multiple-choice examination.
Anyone who is responsible for the inspection and/or use of safety harnesses at work.
1/2 (half) day