The aim of the training is to provide candidates with the necessary Information and instruction in the familiarisation of mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPS).
At the end of the course the trainee will be able to carry out the required tasks involved in the role of demonstrator to familiarise operators with their responsibilities and demonstrate pre-operational and safe operating procedure and the limitations of MEWPs.
The demonstrator should know:
- The pre-use checks and daily maintenance to be carried out prior to commencing work.
- The correct and safe method of operating the specific machine.
- The correct emergency procedures, capacities and limitations to enable safe operation.
- Selection and use of fall protection equipment covering as a minimum anchorage points in platforms, harness standards, explanation of fall arrest, lanyard types, use and correct fitting, rescue procedures, current recommendations [HSE & IPAF H1/05/05].
- INTRODUCTION: Facilities, objectives, health and fitness statement.
- MEWP CATEGORIES: Different types of MEWP and their descriptions and other courses available.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Different types of PPE required, harness statement.
- THEORY TEST: There is a pre-theory test for the demonstrator course and a post theory pass mark of 90%.
- RESPONSIBILITIES FOR FAMILIARISATION: BS ISO 18878:2004, BS8460:2005, familiarisation statement, company responsibilities, demonstrator responsibilities.
As the instruction may be carried out on site, the client’s site regulations/requirements must be adhered to.
Scissor lift, self-propelled boom lift
Any person who, as part of their working duties, are involved in the demonstration of mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPS) to customers
All applicants must have satisfactorily completed a recognised operators course.
(Note: Operators course can run consecutively.)