- 36 months MEWPS experience
- 6 months as an IPAF Operator
- 3 months as a IPAF Demonstrator
At the end of the course the instructor will:
- Have proved their ability to instruct on set categories of equipment.
- Have a good understanding of the IPAF operator course.
- Have a good understanding of the IPAF operator practical testing procedure.
- Have proved their ability to present a theory presentation.
- Have a good understanding of the IPAF demonstrator course.
- Have a good understanding of the IPAF demonstrator practical testing procedure.
1 x day – First Aid (Appointed person/First on Scene)
- To ensure delegates have a full understanding of the basic principles to be carried out in the event of an accident in the workplace.
1 x day – Safety Harness Instructor
- Qualification to successfully instruct the IPAF harness safe use & inspection course
- Held at Spanset (Harness manufacture) in Middlewich
1 x day – MEWPS for Managers
- To instruct a supervisor/manager what is required to prepare for and safely co-ordinate various types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) within their control.
- Done by a senior IPAF instructor
5 x days – Instructor Techniques Course
- To train delegates in the instructional methods and techniques required for the successful instruction, training and assessment.
5 x days – IPAF Instructor
- 4 x Days - To train and assess an instructor to understand the working of the IPAF training programme and assess their knowledge on both the machines and their ability to convey information to candidates.
- 1 x Day Final Examination – Done by an IPAF Examiner
Any person(s) who requires the ability and qualification to instruct and examine person(s) requiring an IPAF qualification.